Bio Box Australia • Ep 5:
Virtual Trials in Australia -The Landscape, Learnings & Layout for Success
VIDEO: Bio Box Australia • Ep 5
This episode explores Virtual Trials in Australia – The global picture, the Australian experience and how to capture the opportunity. The episode is a deep dive insights piece on:
· Defining virtual trials and understanding the many terms used
· Common technologies used in virtual trials around the world, what are the most effective digital tools used and how does Australia use these compared to other markets?
· The role COVID-19 has played in bringing virtual trials and digital technologies to the fore both here and abroad
· Examples of virtual trials successes here in Australia
· The advantages of virtual clinical trials and using patient facing technologies – particularly in Australia
· Overcoming the obstacles to incorporating virtual components into trials and myth busting
· What needs to be done to realise the potential of virtual trials in Australia?
· How can we retain aspects of virtual trials post-COVID?
· Michael Tucker, Senior mHealth Solutions Specialist, Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company
· Dr Tina Soulis, CEO, Neuroscience Trials Australia
· Rosa Gonzalez Galindo, Sr Vice President Clinical Development, Immunology and Inflammation, Syneos Health